Friday, April 3, 2009

Power and Majesty


God has been teaching me about His power and majesty. Psalm 46:10 says "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." There are so many things we deal with here on earth that are inevitable, like sickness, injustice, pain, war and so much more. God in his grace has been showing me the significance of taking time each day to keep my focus on Him and his promises, instead of those other things. I have been asking God to help me take time to be still and exalt him for his power and majesty. There are many promises about his power and might and it humbles me to realize this promise from Romans 14:11 " ' As surely as I live', says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.'" I am so thankful that God has been teaching me that life is less about me, and more about Him and who he is! It amazes me to think a time will come when all people will join together and fall down in worship to our God. Psalm 145: "I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever and ever. Every day I will praise you and extol your name forever and ever. Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom. One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of your mighty acts. They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty, and I will meditate on your wonderful works. They will tell of the power of your awesome works, and I will proclaim your great deeds. They will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness". God, help me to worship you, tell of the glory of your kingdom, and speak of your might.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. God is teaching me the same thing! You'll really enjoy Crazy Love because the author actually starts off by healing us to really "see" God's hugeness (is that a word?!?) I was looking at "Small Footprint, Big Hand" and will have to go ahead and order it. Thanks for mentioning it! Sweet blessings, Amy

    ReplyDelete